Saturday, January 30, 2010

Week 4: Blogs, Harris interview

I am feeling more confident and alot more comfortable with the content of this course. I must say at first I was, and still to some degree a little hesitant of the abilities of the web 2.0 tools. I am quite a private person so opening myself up on the computer is a little scary, but I can't be afraid of new thing, just jump in!!
The Harris interview was very interesting and aligned in many ways to my ideas of how we should be handling or dealing with the new technology available to our students. As he said, "sticking our heads in the sand" is not the answer. We need to accommodate and find ways to integrate and use the tools that are available today in an educationally relevant manner. We need to remember to be flexible and allow for mistakes and mishaps, because they will happen. We need to approach these situations not so much with fear but as learning opportunities.
I like the way he described the role of the TL , one who guides the way through the technology chaos. I find a little humour in this because of its truth. There is and will be a little chaos, but I think that controlled chaos brings about change, and that is what it is all about, change. The times they are a changin'!! We need to be prepared on how to handle it. Education is the answer, inform ourselves and try to keep current.
My next goal is to set up a blog for my school library, I know that I can do it, the only problem is finding the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment