Thursday, March 11, 2010

Week 10 Social Networking beyond text: reflections

Just watched the Ted video on photosynth, amazing what technology can do. I am supposing that the minute you share these pictures you would automatically loose ownership of them as they are being imported or shared with millions of users. That kind of disturbs me a little. I am wondering what kind of repercussions could come of this, ie copyright etc. I am totally enthralled with the idea of this tool, makes everything so real and complete.
I think that my initial reaction to social networking was a little strong. I remain a little apprehensive but I don't want to be guilty of not trying something because of fear. Discovering new things is exciting and \i think that is what is so enthralling for our students. They can use these tools and create incredible products. I remember as a student trying to create or replicate artwork and even though I tried my best it still was not up to par. These tools address this and make everyone walk away with a feeling of being a professional. It is quite and exhilarating feeling. So although I still approach things with caution I will not let it stop me from trying the next new thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment