Friday, March 19, 2010

Week 12: Topic Presentation - Podcasting

I know that I am posting this a few days early but we will be away for the next couple of days and I thought I would put it up in order to ease my mind and scratch one more thing off my list.

This was another new tool for me, so once again there was quite a learning curve. I did quite a bit of reasearch and contmeplating at length on how to go about presenting to the group, in the end I decided to pool the information I researched into a parred down simplified version of "Podcasting for the Techno Challenged" powerpoint. I chose a wikipage which I discovered to base my presentation on. I have scaled it down in order to provide the basics. I have included the url at the end of this post, as well as in my references, please view it for further information.

So here we go, I hope that this powerpoint serves it's purpose which is basically to inform you on what a podcast is, how to create a podcast and how to incorporate it in your teaching or library.
Please view it and respond to the discussion questions.
You can access the powerpoint through slideshare at

http://www.slideshare.net/agrannary/podcasting-101-for-the-techno-challenged-3469259


As a further note, as I was about to post my discussion I discovered another amazing tool which I will try in the future. I thought that I would mention it here as it relates to my topic, it is called Slidecast. Slidecast combines both podcasting and powerpoint, allowing a voice over to accompany your powerpoint. It is a very effective tool and totally makes the powerpoint much more engaging for the viewer. Slidecasting is free and is an option available through slideshare. You can view this tutorial for a preview.

http://www.slideshare.net/jboutelle/slidecasting-101

Podcating in Schools article
http://lis5313.ci.fsu.edu/wiki/index.php/Using_Podcasts_in_Schools

No comments:

Post a Comment